Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Problem with user_nl_datm

Evgeny_Chur

Evgeniy Churyulin
Dear, All

I'm trying to run CTSM model on LEVANTE cluster with my daily forcing, but I have several problems:
1. I don't understand why I have these Errors.
ERROR: No variable ATM_DOMAIN_PATH found in case
ERROR: No variable ATM_DOMAIN_FILE found in case
ERROR: No variable DATM_CLMNCEP_YR_ALIGN found in case
ERROR: No variable DATM_CLMNCEP_YR_START found in case
ERROR: No variable DATM_CLMNCEP_YR_END found in case
However, I checked data and I have them into the folder. Also there is no problems with LND_DOMAIN_PATH and LND_DOMAIN_FILE.

2. When I'm trying to add something to user_nl_datm and then create namelist ./previev_namelist. I got this error:
./preview_namelists
Setting resource.RLIMIT_STACK to -1 from (8388608, -1)
2023-06-23 16:39:32 atm
Create namelist for component datm
Calling /work/mj0143/b381275/ctsm_levante/components/cdeps/datm/cime_config/buildnml
ERROR: Variable 'mapalgo' from file 'user_nl_datm' is not in the namelist definition.
I have tried different options, the result always the same.

3. I cannot get such files as:
./preview_namelists
ls CaseDocs/datm.streams.txt.*
echo "Copy CaseDocs/datm.streams."
cp CaseDocs/datm.streams.txt.* .
mv datm.streams.txt.CLMGSWP3v1.Precip user_datm.streams.txt.CLMGSWP3v1.Precip
mv datm.streams.txt.CLMGSWP3v1.Solar user_datm.streams.txt.CLMGSWP3v1.Solar
mv datm.streams.txt.CLMGSWP3v1.TPQW user_datm.streams.txt.CLMGSWP3v1.TPQW
mv datm.streams.txt.presaero.clim_2000 user_datm.streams.txt.presaero.clim_2000
mv datm.streams.txt.topo.observed user_datm.streams.txt.topo.observed

In case of GSWP forcing, model works fine and I get results, but still there are no datm.stream.txt files in my case folder only datm.stream.xml (I converted my datm.stream.xml file manually to txt format. )
./xmlchange DATM_MODE='CLMGSWP3v1'
./xmlchange DATM_YR_START=1910
./xmlchange DATM_YR_END=1915

Best regards,
Evgenii

Attachments

• newcase_test2.txt
    3.3 KB · Views: 6
  • datm.streams.txt
    36.4 KB · Views: 8

Evgeny_Chur

Evgeniy Churyulin
Problem was solved.

I corrected the case option

./create_newcase --case $DIR_CASE --compset $COMPSET --res $CLM_USRDAT --mach levante --run-unsupported
to
./create_newcase --case $DIR_CASE --compset $COMPSET --res $CLM_USRDAT --mach levante --run-unsupported --driver mct

Best, Evgenii

Evgeny_Chur

Evgeniy Churyulin
Dear All,

I have additional question:

I want to start my spinup simulation with active CO2 forcing data. I want to use this file:
However, I have problems:
1. In my running script I have added this parameter ./xmlchange DATM_CO2_TSERIES='SSP3-7.0'. When created new case and make ./preview_namelist I found that model automatically define another dataset:

Questions:
1. How can I set the CO2 dataset from 1750-2501?

My current compset is I1850Clm50BgcCrop and I prepared forcing from 1850 year

Best regards,
Evgenii

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
I think you could copy the CO2 streams file from your CaseDocs directory and then change the file name within that streams file.
From your case directory:

cp CaseDocs/datm.streams.txt.co2tseries.20tr ./user_datm.streams.txt.co2tseries.20tr

Then change the file name in user_datm.streams.txt.co2tseries.20tr, and run preview_namelists and see if you are point to the desired file in CaseDocs/datm.streams.txt.co2tseries.20tr