Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

NetCDF: Numeric conversion not representable pio_support::pio_die:: myrank= -1 : ERROR:

yang_yu

I'm running CESM 1.2.2 with CAM5+trop_mam3+prescribed_emit ncl. After the task completed, I checked the atm.log file and cesm.log file and found these problems below:

This is from atm.log file:
1663074510860.png
And one from cesm.log file:
1663074583370.png
It seems that some strange data have been written into the file, but I don't know how to solve the problem. Could anyone has met the same question or has some advice? Thanks.

Yu

cacraig

Cheryl Craig
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Yu-

I'm afraid that we won't be able to give you much advice other than what you've already surmised. It does indeed appear that a variable has one or more invalid values in it.

A general thing to try is to ./xmlchange DEBUG=TRUE before you compile to see if a run with debug turned on gives you additional information.

Other than that, as I've mentioned before, CESM1.2 is no longer a supported CESM version so we are unable to give you specific guidance.